You probably have thought about feeding your furry friend raw foods because of how good you have heard they are. However, this transition can be scary for a dog not introduced to raw foods initially. Fortunately, Paws Food Express can help with this.
You can find quality raw pet food for your dogs regardless of age. Moreover, all foods contain the best ingredients your pet needs for proper growth. But how do you ensure a smooth transition from cooked or store-bought processed foods to the healthier raw food version?
You can trust us to help you make this change easier. We only sell what is comfortable feeding our dogs so that you can trust us. The conversation around raw pet food for dogs and cats has been controversial for quite some time. Some people believe these pets are carnivorous and need a natural diet that has always been a part of them. What’s more, such a diet comes with several advantages.
Top Gains to Transition your Dog to Raw Diets
- Shinier Coats
- Smaller Stools
- Healthier Skin
- Higher Energy Levels
- A Healthier Gut
- Cleaner Teeth
Call us today to help you choose the right raw pet food for your dog. Paws food express specializes in delivering high-quality raw pet food for your dogs around the greater Houston region and its surroundings. We will deliver to you within a 30 miles radius of our store and get the foods you order to Pearland, Sugarland, Katy, Richmond, Spring, The Woodlands, Cypress, and Kingwood. Call us to make an order from the many varieties of dog food brands we have.
We recommend a slow transition, especially if your pet has never had raw pet food. Slow transition helps prevent vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea that could disc courage the dog from adopting the new diet.
How to Transition from Current Diet
As mentioned earlier, make sure the process is slow and not forced. Below is a guide that could help with this.
- First to the Third day – Feed 3: 25% Raw pet food with 75% of the diet they are accustomed to.
- 4th to 6th day –Feed 6: 50% Raw pet food with 50% of their regular diet
- 7th to 9th day – Feed 9: 75% Raw pet food with 25% of the current diet
- 10th day Onwards – Feed 100% Raw pet food
This gradual transition makes it easier for the dog to adjust and get accustomed to the raw food. It also averts any complications that could arise from forced transitions. Expect a few digestive issues during the transition phase as well. Once the dog/ pet gets used to the new diet, you should see a few changes in their lifestyle. These include:
- Changes in stool – it becomes smaller and firmer since most of the food is used up by the body
- Fast eating because dogs are naturally inclined towards raw pet food, and they are going to like it more
- Your pet will want more food once they are used to it. Just be sure not to overfeed to avoid weight issues
- The pets may cough due to excitement
The bottom line is to try raw pet food for your dogs. Be sure to get it at Paws Food Express in Houston.