Due to the coronavirus epidemic, the CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Maths for 2020-21 is reduced by 30%. This article tells you the revised CBSE Mathematics Syllabus of Class 11th.
- Negative and positive angles
- Measuring angles in degrees and radians
- Conversion between different measures
- Definition of trigonometric functions
- Signs, domains, and range of trigonometric functions
- Recap of 2d geometry
- Shift of origin
- The slope of an angle and a line between two lines
- Different line equations: intercept form, slope-intercept form, point-slope form, parallel to the axis, and two-point form.
- Various parts of a cone: hyperbola, circles, parabola, a straight line, ellipse, a point, a set of intersecting lines, etc.
- Standard equations of these parts
- Properties of ellipse, hyperbola, parabola, and circle.
Applied Maths Mathematical Reasoning
Here is the syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Applied Maths Mathematical Reasoning:
Mathematically acceptable statements
- Combining the understanding of conditions such as “implies,” “if and only if” condition,” “and,” “implied by,” “there exists” along with their applications by various real-life and mathematical examples.
- Authenticating the statements that involve connecting words
- Measures of Dispersion, including mean deviation, range, variance, and standard deviation of grouped and ungrouped data.
- Analysis of distributions of the frequency with equal but different variances
- The difference between converse, contrapositive, and contradiction.
Applied Maths Algebra
Here is the syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Applied Maths Algebra
Sets And Functions
- Sets and their representations
- Empty set
- Finite and Infinite sets
- Equal sets
- Power set
- Universal set
- Venn diagrams
- Problem-solving with the help of Venn diagram
- Union and Intersection of sets
- The difference between sets. The complement of a set
- Properties of Complement.
- Linear inequalities in one variable
- Graphical solution of linear inequalities in two variables
- A graphical way to find a solution of linear inequalities in two variables
Relations & Functions
- Ordered pairs
- Cartesian product of sets
- Cartesian product of two finite sets and reals numbers with itself
- Relation: definition, domain, co-domain, range of a relation, along with a pictorial diagram.
- Function: definition, domain, co-domain, range of a function along with a pictorial diagram.
- Constant, rational, polynomial, signum, identity, modulus, logarithmic function, exponential, function, greatest integer functions, along with their graphs.
- Sum, product, quotients, and difference of functions
De Morgan’s laws
Sequence and Series
- Sequence and Series
- Arithmetic Progression
- Arithmetic Mean
- Geometric Progression
- Geometric Mean
- The relation between Arithmetic Mean. and Geometric Mean
Permutations and Combinations
- The basic principle of counting
- Factorial n. (n!)
- derivation of Formulae form
- Permutations and combinations
- Circular Permutations
- Permutations with restrictions
- simple applications
Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Principle of mathematical induction
- Applications of mathematical induction
- Proof by induction
- Historical viewpoint
- Statement of theorem
- Proof of the binomial theorem for any positive integral indices
- Pascal’s triangle,
- Binomial expansion,
- Areas of applications.
It is crucial to understand this syllabus and prepare accordingly as the annual exam question paper will be based on the above syllabus. It will also help students to prepare for competitive exams such as IIT JEE Main, IIT JEE Advanced, etc.